Friday, April 10, 2015

My Awesome Mix Volume 1

I've been inspired by "The Guardians of the Galaxy" Awesome Mix Volume 1. For those of you who don't know, the premise of the mix tape in the movie is that the main character's mother made it on a cassette tape and gave it to him before she died. It's his connection to her and Earth throughout the movie. So, I started wondering what I would put on my awesome mix to give to my kids. And, of course, at that point I had no choice but to make one. The criteria was tough; do I go for pure awesomeness or songs that are meaningful in some way. I decided to combine the two - awesome songs that are meaningful. There were 12 on the Guardians soundtrack, so I decided to stick with that number as well. Unlike the soundtrack, in which most of the songs came from the 70's, my list spans five decades. 

1. I Got You Babe
2. Respect
3. Take it Easy
4. You Can't Always Get What You Want
5. Piano Man
6. Here Comes the Sun
7. Sara Smile
8. Back in Black
9. Small Town
10. Closer to Fine
11. Friends in Low Places
12. Without Me


I'm pretty pleased with this list. But, wait a minute, you say. Where's Stevie Wonder? Madonna? Johnny Cash? Where's the perfect dance song? All legitimate questions. That's why the makers of "Guardians of the Galaxy" were so brilliant when they called the tape volume ONE. Lends itself quite nicely to a volume #2. Hey, we all need a hobby. Making frivolous lists is mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home